Dohrn Transfer has been approached by many of our customers about what steps and contingency plans have been put in place to minimize the disruption of COVID-19. As the situation continues to change daily, we continue to monitor the Center for Disease Control (CDC) as well as the Presidential Task Force as they provide information regarding the Coronavirus Disease.
Safety is our most important value and our customers rely on Dohrn Transfer to be proactive in taking steps to keep both our employees and the public safe while continuing to perform services that keep the economy moving and deliver the products that medical personnel need. We have had steps in place since COVID-19 first presented in the United States to increase cleaning to protect Dohrn Transfer employees.
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic scenario and adjust contingency plans accordingly to minimize any disruption.
Some steps Dohrn Transfer has taken are not limited to the following:
- Every truck has antibacterial cleaners and are required to be cleaned daily
- Every work station has antibacterial cleaners and are required to be cleaned daily
- Cleaning services added additional services and are cleaning frequently touched areas on a regular schedule during the day
- Employees who have traveled to high risk areas or been exposed to possible cases COVID-19 are required to self-quarantine and not return to work until released by a doctor
- Work travel is suspended until further notice
- Some key department employees are being deployed into different regions to minimize disruption if a location has an outbreak
- Custom contingency plans are being developed in collaboration with some customers who have a need
This is a challenging time and we at Dohrn Transfer will continue to plan for the worst and hope for the best. If you have specific questions related to our COVID-19 plans, please reach out to your sales representative.